Building America’s track record of financing community serving space includes 13 projects financed to date, containing approximately 946,000 square feet of space. Projects include:
- 92,600 square foot workforce training center which will target low-income and disadvantaged populations to provide vocational training, wrap-around services, and job placement assistance to 300 people annually
- 87,000 square feet of student and community center providing job training programs, meeting rooms, recreation facilities, and food preparation facilities serving over 3,800 people annually
- Four community-based health, mental health, and/or social service centers with 173,000 square feet serving more than 41,500 people annually
- Two comprehensive cancer institutes totaling 245,000 square feet serving 17,600 people annually
- 78,000 square foot state-of-the-art performing arts complex for four community organizations which will offer programs in dance, theater, film, music, and the visual arts to more than 72,000 people annually
This 45,000 square foot development project tripled the size of the existing health center - the only community health center in the region serving only low-income families – allowing it to serve twice as many patients annually while offering a range of medical and wellness services. Capacity increased by 14,000 patients per year, with 52,000 more medical and 15,000 more dental visits.